It has been a boon time for Blackheath’s junior section over the last few years. We have gone from strength to strength. From just a handful of junior players in 2013, the club now has 300 across 25 different teams playing all across from Kent from Canterbury to Gillingham and from Folkestone to Tunbridge Wells.
But to grow further and keep the high level of coaching that we are so proud of we need to recruit more coaches and buy more equipment.
And right now there is a unique opportunity to help the club financially by sponsoring the shirts for our junior section from our under-6s up to the under-16s. If you are interested and want to know more or could help us find someone please contact Claire here
Here is a selection of some of the costs we have:
• £40 one hour coaching
• £50 for 16 training balls
• £120 pitch hire per session
• £500 buys training equipment (cones, bibs, markers etc) per season
• £600-£800 for new goalie kits
• £700 per six-week back to hockey course session for adults
• £4,000 to run a six-eight week outreach programme in local schools so that children can experience hockey and develop skills free of charge
• £5,600 for paid coaches per year
Longer term we are also launching a campaign to help raise £250,000 towards an additional astroturf pitch at College Meadows
There are of course other ways to sponsor the club. The adult section, for example, is currently sponsored by wine merchants GrandCru. If you are interested in finding out more do contact Claire