Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Blackheath & Elthamians H C app

View

SOCK IT TO ME ONE MORE TIME!

5 months ago By tim walters

Everybody's favourite topic (not!) … now here is the official view from the Kit Man.

“One can never have enough socks!” Albus Dumbledore (of Harry Potter fame)

Just to put the record straight … BEHC is NOT changing its official Club socks (either home or away) this season, so please go ahead and continue to order these online in the usual way. What IS also happening, however, is as follows …

Around 88% of our members are completely happy with the current socks and don't understand what all the fuss is about. The other 12% (of whom I am one myself!) are a bit less satisfied, and find them a little tight-fitting, not stretchy enough, and therefore prone to wear out more quickly. In reality, all this probably has much to do with other issues such as size of shin-pads or the amount of time you leave the socks in the tumble-dryer (which you are advised not to do anyway).

With the costs associated with holding stock ready (in five shoe sizes), there is really no point in making an immediate knee-jerk (or even ankle-tweak!) reaction and changing the sock manufacture overnight, especially when the vast majority of players are happy with the existing garment. We could even end up changing socks and making the situation worse, not better!

So … what we are doing instead is getting our Men's and Ladies 1s to test-drive an alternative sock during the 2018-2019 season to see if it ticks all the right boxes in terms of fit, comfort, wear, cost etc. Only then, and assuming the guinea-pig sock does indeed satisfy the exacting standards of our test-drivers, will we consider replacing the existing ones for 2019-2020, OK?

It makes sense logistically, economically, and for the longer-term to do this properly, so we shall do precisely that.

Updated 10:01 - 21 Aug 2018 by tim walters

Where next?

ADDITIONS TO THE CATALOGUE ... Watch out for some of the junior coaching staff "models".
LET'S GET PERSONAL ... Names on shirts available again online from September 1, 2018!

Comments

Loading comments

Fixtures
Sun 20 Jan
a
Friendly 09:15
a
Friendly 09:30
h
Friendly 10:30
a
Friendly 11:00
a
Boys U14 Maidstone
Friendly 12:30
h
Mixed Bandits New Becks
Friendly 13:30
Sat 26 Jan
h
Mens 5th XI Canterbury Squires
League 10:30
a
Mens 2nd XI Holcombe [4] 2a
League 12:00
h
League 12:00
h
Mens 1st XI Trojans
League 13:30
a
Men's Highwaymen Holcombe 5a
League 13:30
h
Mens Dynamos XI Holcombe 6
League 13:30
a
League 13:45
h
Mens 3rd XI BBHC 2
League 15:00
h
League 15:00
a
League 15:30
a
Mens Heathens XI Tunbridge Wells Vets
League 16:15
Sun 27 Jan
a
Girls U14 Holcombe U14
League TBC
a
Girls U14 Ashford Colts
League TBC
h
Girls U16 Canterbury
League TBC
h
Friendly 11:00
Sat 2 Feb
a
League TBC
h
Ladies 4th XI Ashford (Kent) Ladies 4s
League TBC
h
Mens 2nd XI Gore Court 2
League 13:30
a
Ladies 3rd XI Herne Bay Ladies 2nd XI
League 14:00
a
Mens 1st XI Woking
League 14:30
h
Mens Heathens XI Herne Bay 3
League 15:00
h
League 15:00
h
League 15:00
a
Mens 3rd XI Bromley & Beckenham 5
League 15:30

News sponsors

Affiliations

Club sponsors